- Superior quality rough ground chocolate with orange essential oil
- Unique grainy texture, according to ancient Aztec recipe
- Free from dairy and gluten
- Sleeve is 100% recycled and biodegradable
- Made in the town of Modica by a vegan company
- Certified organic
In the past, rough ground chocolate was obtained when the chocolate was ground by a smooth round stone called metate.
It is a minimally processed chocolate, characterised by an ancient and original Aztec traditional recipe which preserves the sugar crystals that gives the chocolate its peculiar grainy texture and aromatic flavour.
Since the XVI century, generations of families have followed the same techniques, blending the cocoa mass with sugar at low temperatures, which brings to the chocolate its distinctive crunchy texture.
This particular variety is made with only 3 ingredients, which are organic: cocoa, cane sugar and orange essential oil.
More than a simple chocolate, it’s a completely different way of enjoying chocolate.
Cocoa Mass*, Cane Sugar*, Orange Essential Oil* (<1%). Cocoa 60% minimum.
May contain traces of SOYA and NUTS.